- Sensory and texture feeding difficulties.
- Food refusal or selectivity.
- Rumination and vomiting.
- Excessive meal duration or fast eating. (Adipsia and polydipsia)
- Swallowing or self feeding skill deficit.
- Meal time tantrums or distruptive behavior
- Oral motor: jaw / tongue / lip disassociation issues
- Underweight or overweight, malnutrition
- Gastrointestinal, digestive or reflux issues
- Colicky,or variety of other directly or indirectly related issues
SPEECH DISORDERS & DELAYS:
- Childhood apraxia of speech (CAS): neurological speech, sound disorder
- Articulation / speech intelligibility
- Phonological disorders
- Speech delays and distortions
- Stuttering, fluency disorder/dysfluency
- Accent Reduction (adult therapy)
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Down Syndrome
- Expressive Language – answering questions, telling stories, word retrieval, grammar usage.
- Receptive Language – understanding language, listening skills, auditory processing
- Social pragmatic language – learning rules to support social communication
- Play therapy: developmentally appropriate skills at age appropriate levels such as role playing, sharing, appropriate usage of objects and social interaction.
- Quality, pitch, clarity, and loudness of sound
ORAL FACIAL MYOLOGY/TONGUE THRUSTING:
- Myofunctional and Orthodontics
- Pediatric obstructive sleep apnea
- Congenital tongue - tie/ankyloglossia
- Oral Habits: mouth breathing, snoring, teeth grinding, lip biting, finger and tongue sucking
- Allergies, nasal congestion, nasal obstruction or enlarged adenoids
I suggest an initial evaluation to determine your child is a candidate for a comprehensive speech-language evaluation.
*Please have a current and valid hearing screening prior to receiving an evaluation.
- Parent/client interview
- Informal observations
- Formal standardized assessments
- Full diagnostic written report
- Evaluation results determine the need, type, frequency and duration of therapy rendered
Therapy is highly individualized, focusing on an individual's unique learning style while targeting your child's areas of need. Services are provided at my practice at 2043 Bedford Street in Stamford, Conn. Other venues are possible, if after the evaluation I decide that therapy would be more beneficial and productive for a client at home, preschool, or daycare.